Marketing Director (San Mateo, CA)
The Marketing Director at SkyGiraffe oversees a variety of programs, including events and webinars, public relations and other campaigns as needed. Most of the events target mobile, systems and integration executives at Global 2000 companies. The purpose of all the programs is to increase brand awareness and generate leads – with lead generation as our top priority. This position is based in the San Mateo, CA.
- Execute end-to-end marketing project work plans that meet the requirements of the marketing plans for events, webinars and integrated campaigns
- Lead program management across SkyGiraffe’s growing events program, which includes everything from large industry conferences, regional trade shows, and company roadshows
- Identify and conceptualize creative event opportunities, promotions, messages, initiatives, content, sponsorships and experiences (including budget management, partner integrations, promotion, milestone calendar and overall brand aesthetic)
- Develop the overall event schedule, event strategy plan, and logistics to ensure effective execution
- Analyze program performance and marketing attribution, continually optimizing for conversions
- Project manage webinar program including sourcing speakers, reviewing content, registration process, day of event management and post event reporting.
- Plan, execute & oversee online programs including email campaigns for events and webinars –ensuring optimal results
- Run, analyze and report on marketing program/campaign efficiency and activity results within Hubspot
- Establish and proactively manage the events budget to test and learn what works; evaluate results against goals and generate learnings for improvement
- Collaborate extensively with customer success and sales to ensure seamless execution for all programs
- Build and manage a metrics system that measures events growth and health
- Lead idea generation for PR events and opportunities. Leverage existing media, industry, editor and influencer relationships to drive these opportunities
- Able to use the latest technology to create compelling content that can be published via social media channels including blogs, video, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, forums and wikis.
- Help with the creation of sales tools
- Other projects as determined by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a technical field
- Minimum 3 years of related marketing experience for a software company and B2B demand generation in enterprise software
- Experience in planning and executing marketing strategies at a B2B technology company is essential. Metrics need to include top funnel tasks through conversions. Close, successful relationships with aligning sales and marketing functions
- Exceptional copy-editing skills (e.g., compelling/engaging campaign messaging, web copy, email copy, etc.).
- Must be comfortable with a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous, environment
- Owner mindset: ability to both create a strategy and do hands-on execution in a start up environment
- Metrics driven, ability to define and report relevant demand gen metrics to management on a regular basis